MDocusend is available at no cost to BC medical clinics.
Axe the Fax: A significant percentage of faxes between medical clinics are currently lost, impacting patient care and causing additional work for medical staff.
MDocusend is a software solution that provides:
- Secure electronic communication EMR to EMR.
- EMR vendor agnostic: transmit from one vendor’s EMR software to another vendor’s EMR software
- Eliminate fax lines, fax machines, modems, or internet fax services.
MDocusend comparison to fax and Internet fax services.
Fax machines, Internet fax, and e-Fax systems
Transmission is guaranteed to arrive the same it was sent
Garbled transmissions occur
Transmissions are guaranteed to arrive complete
Transmissions are often incomplete. Pages or partial pages are missing.
Logs show guaranteed delivery
Logs can be false positive: Fax shows successfully transmitted but in fact it was not transmitted.
Logs can be false negative: Fax shows not successful, but in fact it was transmitted, causing sender to re-transmit the same fax over and over again.
Logs show guaranteed receipt
Logs only for successful receipt.
No record of faxes that were not successful.
End-to-end encryption and encryption in transit
Faxes can be intercepted in transit via analog lines or VoIP systems.
Only authenticated users can transmit
Anyone can transmit and impersonate the sender
- Download the MDocusend PDF Driver.
- Run the Installer.
- Once the driver is installed, you will need to register for an account using the location code provided to you. If you do not have a location code, please contact us.
- Launch the MDocusend PDF Driver by opening a file and pressing
Ctrl+P. Select the “MDocusend PDF” option from the list of printers and click Print.
- Follow the prompts to install the MDocusend application.
- When the MDocusend application opens, sign in using the email you used to register.
- Go to the “Settings” tab and click on “Edit” to set the download paths for incoming files.
Sending a document with MDocusend
- Open the file you would like to send and press
Ctrl+P(or click “Print”) and select the “MDocusend PDF” option. Alternatively, open the MDocusend application and drag the file into the box at the top.
- Search the location you would like to send the document to using the doctor’s name.
- Select the location from the search results and click “Add to destinations”.
- Enter a “Subject”.
- Click “Send”
- Check the “Send Log” to verify the file(s) were sent. You will be able to see when the location receives the file(s) from the “Received Date”.
Receiving a document with MDocusend
- If you have followed the steps above under “Installing MDocusend”, files sent to you will automatically be downloaded to the download paths specified in “Settings”.
- If you do not have MDocusend, you can download files sent to your location from our online portal. Login using the location code in the correspondence sent to you via fax or email to download the documents.
FAQ and Troubleshooting
The following troubleshooting guide may require the assistance of your system administrator.
Manually Start MDocusend
- Sometimes MDocusend needs to be started manually when initially installed. To do this, navigate to the install location which is usually
C:\Program Files\MDocusend\Pdf Printer Driver\MDocusend.
- Double click
Remove Mark-of-the-Web from MDocusend
- If starting MDocusend manually did not work, there is a chance Windows has applied a Mark-of-the-web (MOTW) to it. To remove MOTW, navigate to
- Find the folder with only one
.exefile in it.
- Right click on the
.exefile and click “Properties”.
- Under “General”, unblock the MOTW (Mark of the Web) by unchecking the line saying “This File Came From Another Computer And Might be Blocked”.